Creating Sound Effects

The work of a Foley artists is so incredibly fascinating that I cannot wait to begin creating my own sounds to put to film. for this project, these are the sounds I hope to recreate and the materials I will need for each:

Lighter - the sound of a lighter being flicked. I will need a carabiner to recreate this sound.

Dog Paws (on a hardwood floor) - the sound of dog paws/claws walking on a hardwood floor. I will need gloves, paper clips and a hardwood surface to recreate this sound.

Chalk on Chalkboard - the sound of words being written on a chalkboard with chalk. I am actually not entirely sure how I will choose to recreate this sound yet. I could just record this exact sound as it happens, or find another way to recreate it. I have noticed that lightly tapping the metal end of a memory stick against the metal of the Macbook desktop sounds relatively similar, but I will figure it out.

Walking/Footsteps - the sound of someone walking in a room. I will only need shoes and a hard surface to recreate this sound, or hard-soled shoes by themselves. 

I plan on recording all of these sounds while at school, although I hope I do not get much grain/white noise because of this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Two Storyboard Selections