Public Domain and Creative Common Websites

Public Domain Archive

Public Domain Archive offers a wide variety of free stock photos for commercial use. Compared to other websites I have visited or used in the past, I find this website offers beautiful photos that meet search criteria more accurately. The pictures are ones I would actually enjoy using in my own media creations or school presentations. The search bar was a bit hard to find when first arriving at the site and images would not load unless I clicked on each one individually, which was time consuming. Other than this however, I enjoyed this website and believe I could use the material offered when creating my own work.

Public Domain Project

The Public Domain Project offers an extensive library of video, audio, images, and even 3D model files available for commercial use. There is an abundance of each type of file, and when searching you can specify which file you are trying to find. This is an incredibly easy and simple website to use, and offers material that would undoubtedly be helpful when creating your own media. This is a website I will be referring back to in future projects.

Creative Commons

Creative Commons has their own website that is used as a search engine for files that can be used commercially. Before searching for the material you are hoping to retrieve, you can select which website the file will be found on (example: Youtube, Pixabay, SoundCloud). Creative Commons will then bring you to this site using your searches, and will show you only the works that are available for commercial use. This a handy tool that is easy to maneuver, as you simply select which site to visit based on the type of file you want. The accuracy of the search engine entirely depends on the accuracy of each individual website, but the couple that I tried worked well enough. Creative Commons is a website that I would probably refer back to in future projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog